Tuesday 24 November 2020

A Different Painting Process

This awesome house in Edmonton had a yard full of tulips this past spring.  It is screaming to be painted!


 I have learned over the past few years that there are NUMEROUS ways with which to start a painting.  For some bright spots or warm undertones I like to do an acrylic underpainting in complimentary colours.  So if the leaves or grass will be green, then the compliment is red or a shade of red.  For this painting I started with red, orange and purple acrylic in my underpainting.


I drew out my design and had a lot of fun putting on BRIGHT COLOURS.


Quite a bit different style from my last one, but I like changing things up every now and then.  Keeps me interested!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.