Sunday 1 November 2020

Handling the Down Times

I have found at some times during this past year I am somewhat unmotivated...surprise, surprise... I am sure many others are experiencing this too.  I have done the recommended things to stay upbeat... exercise, get outdoors when I can, try new hobbies (sourdough still going), we even got a new family member who is loads of fun.  


Like most artists this year, the art fairs and other opportunities I usually relied on were cancelled.  I had a stockpile of paintings building up and painting new ones was at times challenging.  I have enjoyed being part of the Federation of Canadian Artists Edmonton Chapter as it has given me the opportunity as the Education Coordinator to learn new things (how to use Zoom and Wild Apricot), meet some new people (virtually) take part in some art calls / submissions and be inspired by others art.  Even managed a plein air outing in early summer with some members.


Recently, I grabbed the bull by the horns and found an opportunity at the Bountiful Farmers Market to place some of my art up on one of the market walls.  It has been a great motivator as I sold some paintings on my first weekend there.  Like me, many people are wanting to shop local, so now seems like a good time to tap into those places that people go to or look at on-line in our own communities.  Now... to go paint some more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.