Thursday 6 September 2018

Exciting News!

I am really busy lately, it is 1:00 am and I am currently prepping for an outdoor art fair that happens tomorrow.  September has to be my most hectic time, but also very enjoyable.

Summer was really great, spent a LOT of time outdoors, hiking, biking, etc with family and friends.  Some close friends of mine reminded me of a painting I gave them a few years back that I had not signed.  As this painting was done while I was in a workshop with Brian Atyeo around 2011, I can't really say it was my work. Brian helped make it more interesting, slapped some bits of colour and shapes in there for me, so it is more collaboration than anything.
 Onto the exciting news.  I got a pleasant surprise last week when I found out I received the Harry Wohlfarth Award and had been nominated by one of my art instructors, Izabella Orzelski, for academic excellence.  Yeeha!  Then today I found out that my application to The Arts Station Gallery in Fernie had been accepted and I will have a solo show in July 2019! Better get painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.