Thursday 30 August 2018

Painting and the other 'arts'

I have had a very busy summer, tried to do a few paintings but as there was a lot of family activities and other things happening...  anyhooo.  I did a quick little study painting of a beautiful old house in Fernie, BC.  I may use it for a study for a larger one later.

In regards to the other arts... there are some really talented skilled trades people whose work is what I considered 'art'  Colby Johnson is a friend of ours who made me a great drying rack for my paintings (see December 2017 blog posts).  I found a beautiful piece of cedar and he turned it into a little 'bistro' shelf table for an area under the stairs.  Then Shawn, at Front Step Forge had some awesome shelf brackets to hold it up with.  We love the result.  Shop and buy LOCAL!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.