Monday 23 March 2020

Art Books I Love

 I recently purchased a new art book on sketching, by R.E. Scott.  I was not disappointed and have been practising sketching more every day.
 As I have continued to paint I realize the importance of having really great drawing skills, so I keep trying to improve.

I have about 3 shelves of art books, many are 'coffee table' style ones with paintings by and info about my favourite artists (Sorolla, Group of Seven, Wyeth) or my favourite style of art (impressionism).  However, I have a core group of art books that I have referred to several times, cause they are just so darn helpful.  Below is a photo of my FAVS - Charles Reids Watercolor Secrets
- Richard Schmid Alla Prima II  - Carol Marine  Daily Painting  -  John Carlson Carlsons Guide to Landscape Painting - James Gurney Color and Light - Kevin MacPherson Fill Your Oil Paintings with Light& Color - Landscape Painting Inside and Out. I think it is important to be a life-long learner in whatever it is you enjoy.  Now, being isolated from all our friends and daily tasks, is a great time to occupy your mind with something more uplifting.  So order that book you've been wanting!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.