Friday 28 June 2019

SOLO SHOW OPENING

Last night was the opening for my solo show at the Fernie Arts Station .  Being my first solo show, I was pretty excited and somewhat scared.  I think it went pretty well, I was thrilled to sell my painting ‘Spring Thaw’ to a really nice couple who I will deliver the painting to once the show ends, July 23.  I really enjoyed chatting with everyone and as it was
a nice intimate setting I didn’t feel nervous when talking about the art or my ‘process’.  I think it was the perfect size space and crowd to get an introduction to doing a solo show.  Thanks again to Jackie from the Arts Station who did such an awesome job running everything.  Also, the Hanging Committee did an excellent job of hanging my art, I got lots of compliments about the art and how it was displayed.
All in all I felt great about the show, now to just keep painting and try it again sometime.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.