Thursday 18 January 2018

Progression without an ending

I am attempting two things this year.  One is to do a minimum, 4 hours of painting / drawing or pottery daily to increase my artsy skills.  The other is to spend less time on social media - so I will try to post on Monday and Thursday's only.  Need to fit in work and family life and some fitness too.

I started this orchid (which I finally got to bloom again after 2 years) but I felt like I had squished it onto a too small, cheap board.  Anyhow...a lesson learned.  If I start a painting and I don't feel like I have the correct drawing AND I really don't like the surface (cheap linen glued to cardboard) then I should start again.  I kept trying with this one and grew more 'disgruntled' with it as I went along. Listen to yourself!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.