Friday 27 October 2017

It's a wiper


The one hard thing to do is to not beat myself up to much when a painting goes south and just wipe the sucker off.  I think I am getting better at this.  The above is an example... I started this one because I really love this bread box.  It is kind of retro and I bought it not just to store bread in, but because I loved the colour and it looks good.  I threw together this 'still' life, putting in the orange for some colour and the plate cause it matched.  However after working on it for the last 3 hours, I realize that the box is too big for the rest of the objects and that it just isn't translating so well onto the canvas.  Hence it is a wiper.  I will wipe it away, save my canvas for another day and call it a learning experience.  NEXT time, start with a pencil sketch... save yourself 3 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.