Monday 27 January 2020

Art and Technology

I have been tweaking my website and blog lately, trying some new styles and themes.  Technology and the ease of creating your own website (I made mine by just following YouTube videos) can be a great help to artists.  It can also be a large time waster!

I find when I am stuck on a painting or hesitant to ruin a new canvas, I start looking for inspiration on Instagram or on-line, or start doing 'business related' tasks.  Anyhooo... that's what is happening now.  I have a painting I am trying to do in acrylic vs oils and I am unsure about my background - so I am changing themes and styles and working on the blog.  Above is a video recorded in time-lapse mode on the iPad of the drawing portion of my painting.  The process for making these time lapse videos used to be longer and much more challenging - now most phones have a time-lapse button and you can have that sucker on instagram faster than should be allowed.  Ah, tech... I love / hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.