Tuesday 24 September 2019

Art Refreshments

Sometimes it is necessary to take a break from painting and go out and enjoy some fabulous art.  I was lucky enough to tag along on my hubby's work trip to London last week.  We spent our first 2 days in relaxing Bath, UK.  Then it was full on art galleries for 3 days in London.  I managed to get to the Mall Galleries, the Royal Academy of Art, the National Gallery, the Portrait Gallery and the Tate Modern. I think my step count on the ol' fit bit was over 22000 steps most days.  Ah... but it was artsy heaven.  Below are some pics and captions of the trip.
Bath, UK - beautiful city, relaxing spa day!

Looking through the bone sculpture toward Kensington Palace  in Hyde Park

The Mall Galleries had the Sunday Times Watercolour Competition with some cool paintings

A Claude Monet painting at I think the National Gallery

This was a painting by Van Gogh I had never seen before, but loved the colours and movement

Laurits Anderson Ring - Danish Painter - This one reminded me of home


An interesting immersive exhibit by Olafur Eliasson at the Tate Modern

The tower of Babel - tons of radios playing random things

Monet's waterlilies - Tate Modern

A relaxing spot to sketch and rest my feet in Hyde Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.