Friday 23 August 2019

Recent process paintings



I am working on a few paintings inspired by my wandering this summer.  I loved this old truck, sitting out in a field that I have been driving past almost daily.  I finally stopped and took a pile of photos.  I did several sketches from my photos and decided on 2 ‘poses’ that I liked.  Then I gridded it up onto a 12 x 12 canvas and began the painting.  I have a second pose on the go as well, and will try to post it soon. The photos are out of order and not complete as I am posting with my iPad, which seems to be glitchy.  Check out my Instagram post @tessastanleyart to see the proper process.
Step1 get some ideas

After a small sketch - grid up and draw on canvas


Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.