Thursday 15 March 2018

GO - GO GADGET ARM!!

I GOT A NEW GADGET!  It's almost as good as the Canada Arm on the space station, just smaller.  When I am doing a painting and using a photo reference I have often just printed off the photo and worked from that.  However, the challenges of running out of ink (always!), printing a picture that has even worse shadow colours than the photo, etc. have always been an issue.  

While reading Kathryn Tyrell's blog, Making a Mark, I noticed some of the artists on the Sky Tv Portrait Artist challenge using a device to hold their phones or tablets onto their easel.  I did some research and found this baby at Staples online (cheaper than Amazon).  The reviews were good, it cost about $40 and I think it is AWESOME!  The bendy arm is very sturdy - some people complained about in their reviews, but sturdier is better in my books.  It attaches easily to the easel or flat areas and I shook my iPad all about and it stayed still!  I decided not to put it directly on my easel because it will probably get dirty fast - so right behind it on the shelf seems to work well.

On-line it said it had an adapter type piece to fit onto hospital bedrails - but it doesn't come in the box - maybe it was something you can order separately?  Highly recommend it for now.  Check back in a few months and if it gets saggy or drops my iPad I will let you know! ( I am not selling them or making any money off this - I just like gadgets)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.