Monday 17 April 2017

A 'Real' Artist

In my constant struggle to become a serious 'real artist' I try to find books to help me learn how to do this.   Aletta de Wal's book, My Real Job is Being an Artist, is probably the best book I have found yet and I am attempting to work through the strategies she recommends and get SERIOUS.

One of the first things I need to address is producing more art in order to develop a signature style.  I spent a couple of hours today 'getting my creative space organized', which de Wal recommends you do right away.  I know this is very important for me - as I find if there is too much clutter or mess going on I just can't seem to get focused - Clear Space, Clear Mind.  The picture below is my art space and home office.  I also committed to doing some art today, so I sketched a fish while eating breakfast to get me off on the right foot.  I plan to tackle some painting this evening, too.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.