Friday 8 January 2016

Berry Picking with Grandma - Day 8

Acrylic / Black Gesso on 12x 16? Panel


The sketch and start

Soooo... today I challenged myself to paint one from memory, with the aid of a photo I had of my grandma standing in the bush. When I was a kid we used to go blueberry picking in the sandhills and my Grandma loved to pick berries.  I hated picking berries, especially since there were huge sandhills all over to play in.  The rule was we had to pick one full ice cream bucket full before we could run off to play.  My younger brother was cunning and layered some leaves throughout his bucket to get finished faster! Ah the good ol days!

I don't feel done with this piece quite yet.  There are some glaring issues with light and form, but I need to post for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge so it goes on now.  I will try to post the final version when I it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.