Tuesday 18 April 2017

Canada 150

'Build the Habit of Art Production'
In the book I am reading 'My Real Job is Being an Artist', de Wal recommends building an art habit.  Popular belief is that if you do something daily for 3 weeks, it will become a habit.  No matter what  is happening you must spend time daily creating some art if you want to get 'good enough'.   I am not great at this, life happens, so I am going to make a concerted effort this year to put in some more hours.  So, my challenge to myself is to create 150 paintings and or pottery pieces with Canadian themes for Canada 150.  Our big national celebration is this year and I am jumping on the bandwagon with artists such as TimothyWilson Hoey and Carla Perkins among others, and choosing Canada related themes to paint.  Also check out Canada 150 Projects for other interesting projects happening this year.

Here is the official start of painting #1 - this is just the underpainting, which is the base to establish values,
before I tackle the oil painting on top of this. Hope to get it done sometime this week.
Underpainting of a bridge in Jasper, AB



the photo by my son

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.