Friday 16 March 2018

Random people

So this is what is on the easel today - in progress.  I took several pictures last year at the Farmer's Market for some material.  I really liked some of the poses and people I captured, so I am doing a slightly larger painting from one of the photos. 

 I am not really sure what the protocol is for painting random people who happen to wander into your photo.  I wasn't trying for an exact likeness of this guy, I just wanted the feeling - casual, enjoying the day, smiling to himself.  I notice there are lots of painters, like Karin Jurick, who paint great pictures of random people in art galleries, on beaches or on the street, so can't see any issues.  I could always give him a shave or add a hat if so! HA!

14 x 18 oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.