Monday 2 October 2017

Get Organized

Oil sketch for larger painting
I am enjoying the oil sketch I am doing in the hopes of tackling it on a larger scale.  I often find when I am doing a 'sketch' I am very relaxed, loose and enjoying just slapping down some paint.  These paintings not surprisingly usually turn out much better than the second more laboured painting.  Think I would learn from this.

I was trying to do another painting and was struggling with finding the colours I wanted. So...  I finally got sick of digging through the pile of oil paint, went out to the garage for organizing inspiration and found this tackle box that is not being used, because it was too big to be practical to haul out into the woods.  It now holds all my oil paints and needed oil paraphernalia.  I think I love it.


My beautifully organized tackle box with a yellow, red, blue and green drawer; a swatch of each colour painted on thick board and labelled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.