Friday 22 January 2016

Switching gears

So, I have to say I really love painting.  I have been working on a couple of paintings in the evenings,  and I may end up posting them here if they turn out decently.  However... I had a hankering to try something new and am taking another pottery class and about once a week I try to mess around on the wheel I bought off Kijiji.  The photo is a sample of some pieces I did.  

Pottery is great - it's tactile and functional and I still get to paint the pieces I finish.  However, it's costly and creates a big mess, and when it gets below -20 around here, my garage is not the most inviting place to be as it sits just above 0 degrees on those cold days.  I don't think I will give up painting, but I may just want to incorporate the two and work on some more decorative, painted pottery bits once I get the hang of it. 
greenware





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.